Why are x-rays necessary?
Many diseases of the teeth and surrounding tissues and bone cannot be seen when the dentist examines your mouth during a regular exam. An x-ray exam is needed to help the dentist detect problems such as:
- Small areas of decay between the teeth or below fillings
- Bone damage from a tooth infection (such as an abscess) or a cyst
- Bone loss due to periodontal (gum) disease
- Developmental defects
- Some types of tumors
- The effects of trauma
- The position of unerupted teeth in children and adults
Problems treated at an early stage can save time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and prevent more serious health problems. At CCIND, we use x-rays to create thorough and accurate treatment plans for our patients, while keeping their comfort, health, and safety as our first priority.
The Benefits of Digital X-rays:
Patient care is our first priority at CCIND. We offer the latest, most advanced digital x-ray technology to best serve our family of patients. Digital x-rays are faster, clearer, andemit 90% less radiationthan conventional x-rays. By using digital x-rays, we canthoroughly evaluate the oral health of our patients, while keeping their safety and well-being as our utmost concern. Some benefits of digital x-rays include:
- Safer- Digital x-rays emit 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays. In fact, the amount of radiation from a set of bitewing x-ray images is only a tiny fraction of amount of radiation from a plane flight.
- Better image- Digital x-rays can be magnified on the computer screen for easier and more precise viewing. As a result, dental problems are more likely to be caught at an earlier stage.
- Faster- Digital x-ray images are sent to a computer and viewed immediately. Traditional x-ray films take several minutes to process.
- More comfortable- Many advances in dentistry are geared towards raising the comfort level of patients. Dental office visits should be as painless as possible.Digital x-rays are taken using a comfortable, small electronic sensor that is placed in the patient’s mouth. Traditional x-rays often involve biting down on bulky and sharp sheets of film.
- More convenient- Our office can easily print or copy digital x-ray images. Digital x-rays can also be sent electronically to insurance companies, which may help claims get processed faster.
- Environmentally friendly- Digital x-rays eliminate the hazardous waste associated with the processing chemicals used during traditional x-rays.
Any questions? Contact our office today to make an appointment!
Schedule a Consultation.
by Anonymous on October 2, 2018
This is a great dental office. They greet you when you enter, and give you a status report on how soon you will be seen. They do thorough and professional work on you, so you are always satisfied with the results. And when you are finished, they are generous with their time planning your next visit, and answering any questions you might have. They also give fantastic advice on what you should be doing at home to maintain great dental health.
by CRYSTAL L on October 2, 2018
First class operation. Excellent care for over a decade!
by NAZY Z on October 2, 2018
On time and took care of exactly what I was concerned about.. Thank you had a great experience
by William (Drew) P on October 2, 2018
The costs are incredibly high, even with insurance. I would not go back and not refer anyone. I am going to try to be placed with a different primary care dentist.
by Kami C on October 2, 2018
He is very patient and kind when dealing with TMD. I also like his techniques he uses to get to the root of the issue and not just patch it up like many dentists I have dealt with before.
by VICTORIA B on October 2, 2018
Office very nice, and staff friendly. Dr Solomon very professional and full of expert information , would go back and tell friends, Thank You