Invisalign in Los Angeles
CCIND is one of Invisalign’s recognized Los Angeles premier providers. This recognition has been proudly received from Invisalign based on our high number of successful Invisalign cases.
The importance of looking and feeling your best is something we understand at CCIND, which is why we specialize inInvisalign for straightening teeth. Invisalign gradually aligns the teeth with a series of custom-made, removable aligners that are nearly invisible. Straight teeth are commonly associated with esthetic advantages, but straight teeth actually also have many health advantages.
What are the advantages of straight teeth?
- Better dental hygiene- Straight teeth are easier to brush and have no small nooks where bacteria or food can get stuck. The chances of plaque accumulation, tooth decay, and gum disease are greatly reduced.
- Healthier gums- Well aligned teeth allow gums to “fit” more tightly around them, which can lead to better periodontal health.
- Less easily injured- crooked teeth tend to lie on one another and break more easily during traumatic events.
- Reduced risk of abnormal wear- properly aligned teeth allow for the most efficient chewing and speech formation. Crooked teeth can lead to misalignment of the entire jaw and place stress on the supporting bone jaw joints. Thus, crooked teeth can contribute to TMJ and other neuromuscular issues.
- A more beautiful, confident smile!
How does Invisalign work?
Invisialign is a popular way of “invisibly” straightening teeth without wearing braces, which are obvious and can be embarrassing. Invisalign lacks the inconvenient and painful aspects of braces such as sharp wires, harsh adjustments, or annoying bands. In addition, Invisalign is also more convenient because the aligners are removable, which allows for normal flossing, brushing, and eating. Moreover, dental cleanings will be easier and faster because the dental hygienist won’t have to clean around wires and brackets.
Invisalign straightens your teeth by using a series of custom-made molds. First, an initial mold is made of the current alignment of your teeth and an “end mold” is made to look like the ideal, straight alignment of your teeth. Then, several molds are made that represent stages in between the two alignments. The molds are worn in order and changed every two weeks. Thus, your teeth are slowly adjusted to your ideal smile until your teeth can fit the end mold naturally.
Invisalign is great way to straighten teeth because the molds are clear and unnoticeable. In addition, unlike braces which can take up to five years, Invisalign takes only about a year to achieve a new, straight smile.
Call our office today (310.475.5598) to make an appointment or ask any questions!