The first 48 hours after whitening treatment are important in enhancing and maximizing your whitening results for a long-lasting, bright and healthy smile.
For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Coffee / Tea
- Tobacco products
- Mustard / Ketchup /Soy sauce
- Red Wine
- Berry pies
- Red Sauces
- Avoid Lipsticks or anything that would stain a white shirt
Suggestions of white and clear foods you may consume for the next 48 hours:
- Milk, water, clear sodas
- Bananas, apples (no peel)
- White bread, flour tortillas
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese
- White rice, baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey, chicken breast (no skin), white fish
Additional ways to maintain your sparkling white smile:
- Avoid staining related habits
- Use an automated toothbrush, we suggest Sonicare
- See your dentist for dental hygiene care to maintain oral health, keep staining to a minimum and determine the need for whitening touch-ups
- Practice good oral hygiene including thorough tooth brushing, flossing to remove debris from between the teeth, and tongue cleaning.
You may also experience some tooth sensitivity during this period. If you do have any sensitivity, you may take whatever you would normally use for a headache, such as ibuprofen.