Use this checklist to help you decide if you might need treatment for TMJ in Los Angeles, California. Call 310-475-5598 to schedule a consultation with our dentist at CCIND | Dr. Sid Solomon DDS | Cosmetic Dentist | TMJ Expert | Los Angeles if you suspect you have TMJ.
- Have you ever had braces?
- Do you have grating, clicking or popping sounds in either or both jaw joints when you open your mouth or chew?
- Do you have sensations of stuffiness, pressure or blockage in your ears?
- Do your ears produce excessive wax?
- Do you ever have ringing, roaring, hissing or buzzing sound in your ears?
- Do you ever feel dizzy or faint?
- Is your jaw painful or locked when you get up in the morning?
- Are you ever nauseated for no apparent reason?
- Do you fatigue easily or consider yourself chronically fatigued?
- Are there imprints of your teeth on the side of your tongue?
- Does your tongue go between your front teeth when you swallow?
- Do your fingers sometimes go numb for no reason?
- Do you have pain or soreness in any of the following areas: jaw joints, upper jaw or teeth, lower jaw or teeth, side of the neck, back of head, forehead, behind eyes, temples, tongue, or chewing muscles?
- Is it hard to move your jaw from side to side or forward and back?
- Do you have difficulty chewing your food?
- Do you have any missing back teeth?
- Have you had any extensive dental crowns or bridgework?
- Do you clench your teeth during the day or night?
- Do you grind your teeth at night?
- Do you ever awaken with a headache?
- Have you ever had a whiplash injury?
- Have you ever worn a cervical collar or had neck traction?
- Have you ever experienced a blow to the chin, face or head?
- Have you reached the point where prescription drugs no longer relieve your symptoms?
- Does chewing gum start your symptoms?
- Is it painful or is there soreness when you press on your jaw joints or on the cheek just below them?
- Is it painful to stick your little finger into your ears with your mouth open wide and then close your mouth while pressing forward with those fingers?
- Does your jaw deviate to the left or right when you open wide?
- Are you unable to comfortably insert your first three fingers vertically into your mouth when it is opened wide?
On a pain scale of 0-10, 10 being the worst pain you have ever experienced with your TMJ problem, what are you feeling now?
Complete Comfort = 0 • 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 = Severe Pain
If you said yes to any of the above and/or are experiencing a pain level of five or higher, you may be suffering from TMJ Disorder. Call 310-475-5598 today and request an appointment for a one-on-one consultation with TMJ expert, Dr. Sid Solomon.