Although dental fillings are bonded to your teeth to transform affected teeth into a hard and strong substance, it still needs proper care for it to last a very long time. Here are general measures to keep in mind:
- You may already be allowed to eat and drink the way you always do right after your dental appointment. The material used during the procedure is already light-cured so there is no way it will fall off following placement.
- Just like your ordinary tooth, brush and floss your tooth or teeth with fillings regularly. It is recommended to floss after every meal and brush twice a day.
- During the first few weeks, it is normal to notice sensitivity to cold temperature and to biting pressure.
- Follow-up checkups, and regular checkups thereafter, are recommended for your dentist to constantly determine the status of your dental fillings.
- It is important to notify your dentist immediately if you experience any spontaneous pain that remains for 30 minutes or longer.
- Give your dentist a call if you feel like the filling is too high that it gets hit when you bite down.
It is our commitment here at Dr. Solomon’s Los Angeles cosmetic dentistry practice to regularly check on our patients to evaluate their condition and ensure good dental health. If you need any help regarding your ceramic fillings, do not hesitate to give us a call at 310-475-5598 and we will gladly address your concerns.