The first 48 hours after whitening treatment are important in enhancing and maximizing your whitening results for a long-lasting, bright and healthy smile.
For the next 48 hours, dark-staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Tobacco Products
- Mustard/Ketchup/Soy sauce
- Red Wine
- Berry Pies
- Red Sauces
- Lipsticks or anything that would stain a white shirt
Suggestions of white and clear foods you may consume for the next 48 hours:
- Milk, water, clear sodas
- Bananas, apples (no peel)
- White bread, flour tortillas
- Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese
- White rice, baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey, chicken breast (no skin), white fish
Additional ways to maintain your sparkling white smile:
- Avoid staining-related habits
- Use an automated toothbrush; we suggest Sonicare
- See your dentist for dental hygiene care to maintain oral health, keep staining to a minimum and determine the need for whitening touch-ups
- Practice good oral hygiene including thorough tooth brushing, flossing to remove debris from between the teeth and tongue cleaning.
- You may also experience some tooth sensitivity during this period. If you do have any sensitivity, you may take whatever you would normally use for a headache, such as ibuprofen.
If you have other questions about teeth whitening in Los Angeles, California, call 310-475-5598 to speak with a team member at CCIND | Dr. Sid Solomon DDS | Cosmetic Dentist | TMJ Expert | Los Angeles or schedule an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Sid Solomon.